The Steering Committee is the formal decision-making authority of the Network. It is led by a Chair and Vice-Chair who are appointed by majority vote for one-year duration. The Committee is composed of the members’ representatives and meets once a year. The functions of the Steering Committee are:
- To plan the strategic direction and activities of the Network
- To ensure the stable and secure operation of the Network
- To approve and supervise the annual workplan and budget
- To review the progress of planned activities and approve proposed activities
- To provide a forum for the exchange of information on ongoing work or for planned network-related activities
- To establish working groups
- To approve the membership of organizations and natural persons.
The Steering Committee may set up working groups as a dedicated forum for enhancing collaboration between members on substantive issues. The working groups aim to facilitate the exchange of good practices, strengthen the discussion and shared understanding about a topic and prepare guidelines/recommendations.