About Early Warning Europe Mentor Academy
As businesses struggle, the Early Warning Europe Mentor Academy has been established to help train a network of mentors to support them. Check out our video to learn more
Early Warning Europe Mentor Academy (EWE Mentor Academy) focuses on improving the availability and the scope of services for companies in distress by mobilising experts and mentors across Europe, training them and ensuring expertise exchange, while at the same time linking them with other European networks providing services to SMEs.
The project will create a modular training programme that can be used by business mentors working with companies in financial crisis and at other decisive moments of their lifecycle (e.g., transfer of business ownership).
The training programme will be co-created by experienced and new mentors in a series of peer exchanges. The experienced mentors will provide critical expertise, best practices and practical insights that will be used to structure the programme and create the content, while the new mentors will be the primary users of the programme. Once it is validated, both the experienced and non-experienced participants will be able to act as trainers for other mentors in their respective countries, using the elaborated modular training programme.
The project will contribute to the dissemination and transfer of best practices in helping SMEs in distress, and will enhance the competences and skills of mentors. Would you like to meet our mentors? The video was recorded in the EWEMA´s first workshop, held in Barcelona
The Early Warning Europe Mentor Academy is an initiative of the European Union which designed the project “Improving the Availability and the Scope of Services for Companies in Financial Difficulties”. It is implemented by AARC Consultancy (Ireland), Erhvervshus Midtjylland (Denmark) and Fundacja Firmy Rodzinne (Poland).
How will new mentors benefit?
As a new mentor, the EWE Mentor Academy will offer you the opportunity to:
- Make a meaningful contribution to enhance early warning services available in your country and elsewhere in Europe;
- Expand your own network of business support services providers in Europe;
- Develop the mentor’s skills, exchange best practices and learn with others working with businesses in Europe;
- Play an essential role in providing vital support to businesses, thereby helping to save jobs and stabilize your national economy;
- Gain the opportunity to become a national tutor to future EWE mentors in your country;
- Receive a certificate of participation.
Application criteria include:
- Residence in an EU Member State or other country participating in the COSME programme;
- Experience as an expert in areas such as: general management, business strategy, corporate finance, corporate law and Insolvency law, marketing, sales, exports, logistics, human resources, information technology, business transfer process (including family business succession) or as a business owner;
- Strong motivation, willingness and availability to share knowledge and develop the mentoring skills by actively participating in peer learning workshops and trainings (onsite and online)
- Fluency in English and familiarity with the use of online platforms and tools.
Deadline for applications: Closed
How will experienced mentors benefit?
As an experienced mentor, the EWE Mentor Academy will offer you the opportunity to:
- Exchange best practices and learn with the best experts working with business support in the EU;
- Contribute to the design and content creation of the training programme for future mentors;
- Participate in the identification and selection of future mentors who will join the EWE Mentor Academy;
- Learn new skills and become part of an extensive network of business mentors in your country;
- Become a certified tutor to future mentors in your country;
- Contribute to enhancing the early warning services in your country and in the EU.
Application criteria include:
- Residence in an EU Member State or one of the countries participating in the COSME programme;
- Fluency in English and familiarity with the use of online platforms and tools;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in providing mentoring services to SMEs in financial distress;
- Strong motivation, willingness and availability to share knowledge and competences.
For more information about the call, get in touch through the following address:
© European Union, 2022. This platform is an initiative of the European Commission funded by the EU programme for the Competitiveness of Enterprises and SMEs (COSME).
© European Union, 2022. The Commission's reuse policy is implemented by the Commission Decision of 12 December 2011 on the reuse of Commission documents Unless otherwise indicated (e.g. in individual copyright notices), content owned by the EU on this website is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licence. This means that reuse is allowed, provided appropriate credit is given and changes are indicated.
The information and views set out in this website are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official opinion of EISMEA, the European Commission or other European Institutions. ©EISMEA does not guarantee the accuracy of the data included in this website. Neither EISMEA, nor the Commission or any person acting on their behalf may be held responsible for the use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Copyright @ 2022 Early Warning Europe. All rights reserved