Recap of EWEMA's Workshop 8
04 December 2023
On the wintery cold afternoons of Tuesday and Thursday 23rd and 25th November, the Early Warning Europe Mentor Academy served up hot topics that our many participants could relish. Here's a recap.
- A risk management checklist to guide your mentee out of danger was presented by Orily Pratt.
- We learnt vital lessons about risk mitigation from a real-life case of business failure turned success story presented by Martin Theyer
- Going green? Morten Møller informed us, inter alia, of some key legislation affecting EU SMEs, highly relevant for the green transition.
- When a business shows signs of being at risk of failure, can you identify the Point of No Return? Kristian Gustav Andersson led us in the right direction.
- Be aware of when management liability may arise, as Victoria Grevit Eriksen explained the important factors to consider. Together, Viktoria and Kristian helped us reflect on the six common exit strategies for a business.
- How to help a mentee go from struggle to strength? Yaron Spektor neatly narrated various approaches of positive psychology, inter alia, “Bouncing forward”, “Moments of light”, and the “3 Cs”.
Other guest speakers who brought added value to the workshop were:
- George Floras, who recounted his heartfelt story as an entrepreneur who experienced bankruptcy.
- Bert Overlack, who summarized the kinds of support a mentor can offer the mentee to face reality after company closure or bankruptcy.